Information Toolkit for post-2012 climate policies
Developed by Brinkman Climate Change & ECN
The updated Toolkit 2009 is now available. Please follow the links and instructions below.
This 2009 version of the Information Toolkit for post-2012 climate policies, funded by the Ministry of Environment (VROM), is meant to support the EU in providing factual underpinning of its positions in the negotiations on further commitments under the Kyoto Protocol and the Convention. It is a visually attractive tool that enables users to retrieve information, to change parameters, and thereby to create own figures and tables.
When downloading the Toolkit, the user accepts the Warranty/Liability as described in the manual.If you want to use the Toolkit, you have to download both the AIMMS viewer (except for if you already the 2008 version) and the Toolkit Software and Database (see manual and links below).
DownloadAIMMS viewer (Please scroll down and check the checkbox in front of AIMMS Viewer 3.9.2, Standard version; (16 MB), click on download.msi, extract all files from the downloaded Package.zip and run the …-setup.exe file).
DownloadToolkit Software and Datasets (save the zip-file on your computer and unpack the zip file (right-click on the file)
DownloadPresentation side event CoP14 Poznan
The Toolkit 2009 now also includes:
· Updated UNFCCC datasets
· Updated IEA R&D datasets
· Updated ECN CDM study
· Updated Factors Underpinning Future Action study (Ecofys)
· National targets
· Results from the ADAM project
· Many MACs from several studies
· IMO bunker study
· IEA World Energy Outlook data
· GAINS (MACs and 2020 GHG per sector per country)
· Project Catalyst: Setting a benchmark: How developed countries might equitably contribute towards a 450 ppm pathway (European Climate Foundation)
Other relevant and practical datasets towards the Copenhagen negotiations are (among others):
· Multi-criteria selection countries
· Historic responsibilities
· Many different emission pathways
· A lot of information on mitigation potentials and costs